Saturday, October 26, 2013

Time Well Spent


Being my last class at Walden University I wanted to give some reflection on my time spent during the program and my own personal growth.

I feel that I have learned much, but through this program I know that I have developed three deeply felt learnings or messages.

The first one is that passion can be renewed and evolve into different aspects. For example, during my time at Walden I found a new passion for early childhood education that was undeveloped before I started the program. My main passion for helping children have a great early start in their life is still strong but other aspects have caused stronger passions in different areas that I was unaware of before. It has helped me create new goals and new ideals for what I want to accomplish in my professional and personal career goals.

The second item that I have learned is to always create new goals and work towards them. I have always made goals for myself in all areas of my life but by really fine tuning goals and working towards them helped me feel so much more accomplished and my knowledge worthwhile to others. 

The final message I have been taught are personal items about myself. I have been shown how bias' affect others, how my language can affect others, and how my outlook on life also has an affect. By looking at all of these things I was able to make myself into a more understanding individual and help myself be more versatile to help all individuals more than I was starting this program.

One long term goal I have for myself is to keep continuing to gain education and help myself to understand more because in turn I can help others by improving myself.

I am very thankful to all the individuals that I have met throughout this program including the instructors and my colleagues. I wish you only the best of luck in everything that you do. Without everyone in this program I do not believe that my education would be as worthwhile as it is. I will always think fondly of everyone and hope to keep in contact with people to see how the change the world - because all of you will!

3 comments:

  1. Abigail,
    Congratulations on completing this chapter in your career. It is hard to consider continuing education, however, it is so important. Continuing education allows for growth as a professional as well as improving and impacting others'. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you are truly a master of Early childhood . As I read your reflections I can feel your passion and your wisdom that you have gained from your professional core. Keep planting your seeds for the children of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I would like to say Congratulations on a job well done and deserved! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and dreams during our journey, you have added to my knowledge and I thank you. We have taken a long journey together and helped each other succeed. You are truly an inspiration to educators with your dedication and I wish you the best on your continued journey in life-both personal and professional.

    ReplyDelete